Enter the estate via its sweeping driveway and wind up to discover a quintessential Adelaide Hills c1905 double bay window sandstone stone villa, together with various outbuildings including stables with a loft, nestled high on the hill with stunning valley views, enjoyed and loved by its current owners for over 50 years.
Whilst having stood the test of time remarkably, and perfectly liveable in at the moment, the home is ripe for a full renovation to bring it up to what we want in 2022.
This large family home, of approximately 370 sqm of living space, is currently disposed as follows:
· A commodious living/family room, and separate dining room overlooking the valley
· 5 bedrooms in the main house
· TV room/Den
· Wine cellar/cool room
· Games Room
· Upstairs living room
· Artist’s studio/sunroom
· Classic 60’s style galley kitchen with plenty of bench and cupboard space
· 2 bathrooms, plus a 3rd loo
Other features include:
· Stables with ground level workshop, and large loft (fun teenagers bedroom) above
· Under cover parking for at least 4 cars, and plenty of room for more to park!
· A level “tennis court” area (not used for some years) above the home
· Established gardens with hidden paths, full of beautiful trees including quince, various fig, lemon, mulberry and apart from the pretty garden beds around the home, a hillside full of plants including daffodils, roses, camellias, blackberries…. go exploring….the list goes on!
· The occasional koala can be seen in the trees, a kangaroo can be found ambling around the estate, and there is a rich variety of birdlife including Adelaide Plain Parrots, and black cockatoos in the pines behind the house.
This outstanding property, under 15km from the CBD, offers a lifestyle that many can only dream of. Set in a delightful “working rural environment”, there is an incredible sense of peace here – a place to live, breathe, and enjoy, away from the hustle and bustle of the city, but an easy drive to it!
There is also a 4,720 sqm block of land (on a separate title) beyond the tennis court area on the top and over the other side of the hill (adjacent to the church) with dramatic views to the north that is available for sale as well that you may wish to consider – possibly a spot to build a cottage for extended family members? STCC.
Please call me to arrange a time to view, then take off your blinkers, and come on up the hill to explore this amazing home, and seriously consider what you may do here.
Four real seasons per year – Hills living at its best – leave the city behind!
Please ring Richard Colley to arrange a private viewing Mobile: 0418 827710
Offered for Sale by way of an Expressions of Interest closing on Thursday 3rd November 2022 at 11.30am.